As a community, we at St Matthew’s Catholic Primary School have identified core values that speak of our collective essence and belief.
These values are reflected in the following ways:
- We support each other in our common journey in faith by acknowledging the need to share our stories, celebrating our experience and articulating our hopes and dreams.
- We cultivate an authentic sense of belonging through rejoicing in our similarities, discovering the richness in our differences and extending a spirit of welcome to all.
- We believe that our practices, policies and attitudes should enhance the dignity of each person.
- We acknowledge the excellence being achieved in the present, while identifying and striving for personal and communal goals.
At St Matthew’s we are committed to:
- Educating children – socially, spiritually, academically, emotionally & physically
- Being actively involved in the mission of the Catholic Church through the daily expression of our faith
- Promoting a climate of excellence in learning
- Our journey in faith
- The uniqueness and achievements of the individual
- The richness of our history
- An authentic sense of belonging.
- Respect for the dignity of each person
- Shared leadership
- Home-school partnership